Kingdom of The Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco

Hii there, thanks for dropping in. Today I'm here reviewing Kingdom of The Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco. 

Two sisters.

One brutal murder.

A quest for vengeance that will unleash Hell itself…

And an intoxicating romance.

Emilia and her twin sister Vittoria are streghe – witches who live secretly among humans, avoiding notice and persecution. One night, Vittoria misses dinner service at the family’s renowned Sicilian restaurant. Emilia soon finds the body of her beloved twin…desecrated beyond belief. Devastated, Emilia sets out to find her sister’s killer and to seek vengeance at any cost-even if it means using dark magic that’s been long forbidden.

Then Emilia meets Wrath, one of the Wicked-princes of Hell she has been warned against in tales since she was a child. Wrath claims to be on Emilia’s side, tasked by his master with solving the series of women’s murders on the island. But when it comes to the Wicked, nothing is as it seems…  

My Take : 

Star Crossed Lovers ✅ Emilia and Wrath were doomed from the beginning. They couldn't trust each other but they also didn't had other option. Damn, it was good to read about it. 


Suspense and Mystery with Fantasy
I love fantasy but when it's mixed with murder mystery and thriller, I never knew I needed it. 


Close Sibling Relationship
It's very rare to see close Sibling bonds in books nowadays, but here Emilia and Vittoria are willing to die for each other.


Enemies to Lovers
Yas yas yas we love it don't we? Basically they both want to kill each other but they can't lol, it's hilarious to read thier conversations. 

Demon Princes of Hell
You're told to be careful when one of them approaches you because they're so beautiful you cannot resist them, but do we really want to resist? ╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭


Tattoos and Dark Magic
Concepts of similar tattoos and dark Magic was so good for me to be honest. I loved the new system of magic and gates of hell breaking etc etc.

Witches and Sorcery :
Witches always make the story better for me, and here we have the whole clan so yes, I loved that element. Witches with books about them, powers with them, and who are feared. Witches who can banish Princes of Hell back their home. I loved it.


What I did not like : 

The books lost pace in the last two-third part, it was all going well but then it felt like it's dragging, thankfully it gained momentum afterwards. 

The Ending, what the heck- like why?!? And the second book comes about later this year, how am I supposed to survive??

My Favourite Quotes : 

• If I cannot bend the will of Heaven,
I shall move Hell.
• I loved escaping from reality, especially during times of trouble. Stories made everything possible.
• A woman with a little power was terrifying to some.
• An ember of anger was slowly igniting within me, reducing the person I used to be to ash.
• Grief carved me in half. And fury honed the pieces into a weapon.
Now it was time to unleash it.
• I do not fear, I am fear
• I hoped the kingdom of the wicked was ready for a vengeful queen.


Anyway, an amazing book thanks to Harshu Di for recommending it to me. I loved it. Thank you for reading.

Picture Credit for moodboard : Google/Pinterest


Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *