GalaxyTalks Interview Session with June CL Tan author of Jade Fire Gold



 

  Hi friends, today's post is a very special one. Recently we got the opportunity to talk to June CL Tan, author of Jade Fire Gold, an Asian fantasy about a kingdom on brink of war, with shadowy intrigue, captivating romance, and full of moments to keep you on the edge. I've made a book playlist for Jade Fire Gold, you can hear it to keep you company while you're reading the book. Let's go ahead with the GalaxyTalks session since that's what we've all been waiting for, right?

ShreyaFirstly, describe your book in seven words and when it's getting released?
June: Six teens saving the world...sort of. It’ll be out on October 12 in the US, parts of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand, and on November 4 in the UK!

Shreya: You're going on a movie date, which "Jade Fire Gold" character will you take with you?
June: Tai Shun! We’ll go to a fancy theater and he’ll pay for everything because he’s a rich kid. Plus, I always cry at movies, so he can cry with me.

Shreya: Was Tang Wei inspired by any real-life person?
June: Nope! SADLY T____T She’s too perfect to exist in real life, probably.

Shreya: Do you have any ideal cast for "Jade Fire Gold" screen adaptations, especially Ahn?
June: I’m not sure if their individual acting styles would suit the characters, but a friend and I came up with these face casts:

Altan: Leo Wu/Wu Lei

Ahn: Rosy Zhao/Zhao Lusi

Tang Wei: Snow Kong/Kong Xue Er

Linxi: Lareina Song/Song Zu Er

Leiye: Cai Xukun

Tai Shun: Darren Chen/Kuan Hong


Shreya: If you were not a writer, what would you be?

June: Something that allows me to be creative and make things up :p


Shreya: Which is your current favorite song?

June: Hmm...I don’t think I have a favorite song of the moment, but the song currently stuck in my head is Wildest Dreams (Taylor's version).


Shreya: Your favorite quote from "Jade Fire Gold"

June: “I don’t trust that man. He has poor taste in jewelry” ~ Tang Wei


Shreya: Which books are you most excited for this year, have you found any favorite from the first half of the year?

June: SHE WHO BECAME THE SUN by Shelley Parker-Chan is amazing --- it was one of my most anticipated SFF reads and it lived up to everything! I enjoyed THE ONES WE’RE MEANT TO FIND by Joan He, and I’m looking forward to reading THE CHARIOT AT DUSK by Swati Teerdhala, it’s the last installment of her trilogy.
I don’t really read contemporary YA books, but I’m super excited for XOXO by Axie Oh. IT ALL COMES BACK TO YOU by Farah Naz Rishi, and THE JASMINE PROJECT by Meredith Ireland are also recent contemporary YA books that I’m hoping to read soon.

Shreya: If you could describe your feelings of being a published author in one word, what will it be?
June: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It was such an amazing conversation with June, it's always a delight to talk to her. A huge thanks to her for giving me this opportunity, it was such an honor. Jade Fire Gold has been released all over the world and is releasing in the UK on November 4th, 2021, mark the date.





June CL Tan grew up in Singapore where she was raised on a diet of classic books and wuxia movies, caffeine, and congee. After obtaining three degrees, she decided she had enough of academia. Thankfully, those degrees were somewhat related to telling stories and now, she resides in New York City, writing under the watchful eye of her crafty cat. Jade Fire Gold is her debut novel. You can find her on on her website, Instagram, & twitter

Again, thanks for reading, if you want to reach out to me for book rants, fangirling, recs or for being friends just check any of my social media links below <3



Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *