Hall of Smoke by H.M. Long Review

Book Review of Hall of Smoke by H.M. Long


Hi Book Lovers, welcome to this another blog about the book called Hall of Smoke by H.M. Long. 

Thanks to Publisher and Net Galley for the arc in exchange of my honest review.

//Robed in violence and armored with divine purpose.//

Our story starts with Hessa, a Warrior Priestess Eangi, begging forgiveness from her goddess Eang deep in the Mountains alone. Her husband and her cousin come to meet her but eventually she tells them to leave her there and go back home, little did she knew that would be the last time she would see them alive.

Ahh okay, it was amazing in short, I mean I've lots to say, so much. Lets get started.

Why you should read it?

• Hessa is a warrior-priestess capable of fighting her own battles. Alpha female lead ✅
• There are god's involved. ✅

And by this statement I don't mean they are present providing blessing and all, no they are involved in fighting physically, visiting their people and giving suggestions and they even die, wow.

• The world building of author left me awestruck. HOOKED.FROM.THE.FIRST.PAGE. ✅
Clans, god's, powers, situations and battles was so perfectly described I felt involved. 

//“I don’t know, and I’m not sure I care. I’m tired of the gods, Hessa. The day I see one worthy of worship, I’ll bow.//

• Romance is cool but have you read a book which has friendship and sisterhood so beautiful that it makes your heart ache? Yeap no romance but I didn't even felt the need of it. ✅

• The story also made me learn that no matter how strong your opponent is, you can make the gods bleed if you are willing. ✅

• And the plot twists, oh my god, I mean at one point I got so scared that I didn't trust a single character in the story who was behaving good. But they were worth it. ✅

If I had to define Hessa in one sentence, this quote from the book would be perfect.

//Human enough to pass through his unnatural defenses, yet divine enough to defeat him.//

A great story, Vikings meet priesthood and battle of old gods vs new gods!!

Some of my favourite quotes :

• “The Brave, the Vengeful, the Swift and the Watchful…”

• Kill him with claws like the beast that you are, or not at all.

• The notion of an entirely male army, and a female population who had never touched a weapon, was foreign to me.

• Out across the water, the Miri converged; the remaining Gods of the New World, facing down the Gods of the Old.

That's all for today, thank you for reading.

If you're interested in visiting my other social media where I talk books here are the links.

Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *