The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller



Hii, welcome to my review of 'The Shadows Between Us' by Tricia Levenseller.


No one : Shreya in reading slump
The-Shadows-Between-Us : How about, NO!?

Plot : Alessandra is tired of being overlooked, but she has a plan to gain power:

1) Woo the Shadow King.
2) Marry him.
3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself.

No one knows the extent of the freshly crowned Shadow King’s power. Some say he can command the shadows that swirl around him to do his bidding. Others say they speak to him, whispering the thoughts of his enemies. Regardless, Alessandra knows what she deserves, and she’s going to do everything within her power to get it.

But Alessandra’s not the only one trying to kill the king. As attempts on his life are made, she finds herself trying to keep him alive long enough for him to make her his queen—all while struggling not to lose her heart. After all, who better for a Shadow King than a cunning, villainous queen? 

My take :

So basically it was getting hard for me to finish books this month because of schedules (mostly no schedule lol), I eventually ended up in slump after binging Heartstopper, but The-Shadows-Between-Us said No, absolutely not. Anyway let me tell you why you should read this book.

• Evil Female lead, she can be a villian too with all those scheming but we love it ✅ (✷‿✷)
She ain't the good, pretty and kind female lead. She'll kill you straight if you broke her heart.


• Enemies to Lovers trope (yasssss sign me up) ✅
And trust me it was really good, the angst was real!!!


• Plan to rule the kingdom and make it her 'Queen'dom (smashing the patriarchy, are we?) ✅ We stan badass female lead in this household. And yes who break ancient laws and rules to set down their own have my heart. Alessandra I love you. 


• Fast Paced ✅
I mean I finished it in a day when I thought I was in a slump? So yeah it's fast paced. 

Disastrous and Scandalous clothing to make people and society mad, lmao it was one of my favourite things, she's so rad for this. ✅ ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

• The Male lead is so unpredictable god! But eventually I loved him for his unconditional love, ahhhh. The Shadow king is a cinnamon roll. But he's also hot, really hot. ✅

 • It also has beautiful friendship moments. How we always find best friendship in the most unexpected places. ✅ 

I'm a sucker for good Friendships and yes we stan friends who make each other improve. 

My Favourite Quotes :

The rebel in me loves to throw dirt in the face of decorum.

• You are perfect, he’d said. Right after not so beautiful as to tempt me.
I want to slap him. I want to kiss him.

• You didn’t bow and roll over like every other human alive. You challenged me.
“That’s when I first knew I was doomed.”

• I want a life with you, Alessandra, one without the shadows between us.


If you love fantasy, enemies to lovers trope, angst and fast paced read, you should definitely try this book. It was a great experience.

Thank you for reading, do tell me which part about this book got you most interested. 

Image sources for moodboard : Google/pinterest

Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *