House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland Review



Hello Reader, today I am here to give my opinions on House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland. huge thanks to the publisher for providing me a copy in exchange of my honest review. 

FIRSTLY HOW HOW CAN A BOOK COVER BE SO PRETTY?!?!!

Plot :  Seventeen-year-old Iris Hollow has always been strange. Something happened to her and her two older sisters when they were children, something they can’t quite remember but that left each of them with an identical half-moon scar at the base of their throats. 


Iris has spent most of her teenage years trying to avoid the weirdness that sticks to her like tar. But when her eldest sister, Grey, goes missing under suspicious circumstances, Iris learns just how weird her life can get: horned men start shadowing her, a corpse falls out of her sister’s ceiling, and ugly, impossible memories start to twist their way to the forefront of her mind. 

As Iris retraces Grey’s last known footsteps and follows the increasingly bizarre trail of breadcrumbs she left behind, it becomes apparent that the only way to save her sister is to decipher the mystery of what happened to them as children. 

The closer Iris gets to the truth, the closer she comes to understanding that the answer is dark and dangerous – and that Grey has been keeping a terrible secret from her for years. 

So let me tell you what you are in for : 

lots of sisterly bond : 
Like I always say, it's pretty rare to find books based on sibling love now-a-days. books where focus is not on romantic relationships only but where platonic relationships are given more attention. LOVE IT!


Badass Hollow Sisters Trio. Okay so there are three sisters.

Eldest Sister : Owner of her own styled fashion brand who was never afraid of anyone.


Middle Sister : Bass Guitar player in a rock band, piercings, buzz cut and tattoos. Queen of her own world.


Youngest Sister : Always a bright student, compassionate, kind, intelligent yet powerful.


• a unique story : tell me how many times you have heard of a story in which three sisters disappear on New year's eve to come back after a month with no memory, after 10 years the oldest sister disappears again leaving the two youngest to work their way through horrors, little clues and world of decaying and dead. 


• you are in for a story in which horror, thriller, suspense, mystery and urban fantasy are moulded together in an undoubtable genius way. 


a gothic urban fairy tale, which will make your skin chill with horror, seize your mind in the mystery and leave you unsettled after the end.


My favourite quotes : 


• When you are ready to talk to me, I will be waiting for you, because I am your sister.
            "In this life, and in the last."

• It felt dangerous to tempt fate, to invite in the darkness that already seemed naturally drawn to us.

• "What you don't understand," she said to me once I told her how dangerous it was, "I am the thing in the dark."

• She slammed through the world, a tornado in the form of a girl, and left a trail of destruction behind her.

• There was no problem so large that it couldn't be solved. 

That's it! Thank you for reading :) if you want to connect with me on socials below are my handles. Credit of pictures used in mood board goes to their respective owners. 

Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *