Let me convince you to read " From Blood and Ash" by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hay reader, if you are here that means you have still not picked up from Blood and ash series and please give me the honour of convincing you to read that fabulous series I love. I hope I'll answer the " Why I should read From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout? "

What is from Blood and Ash Series ?
From Blood and Ash (Blood And Ash Series Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout is Captivating and action-packed, From Blood and Ash is a sexy, addictive, and unexpected fantasy.


Now let's talk about the three books one by one. Authors confirmed that the series consists of six books but by far we only have 3 books so I'll try to make it convincing. 

Book 1 : From Blood and Ash (released 24 September 2020)

Plot : 


Now talking about what you should look forward to in a nutshell : 

• the first and foremost, badass female lead. A girl who was protected and caged her whole life, she has had enough, and now she wants something that she was never allowed to have. FREEDOM.


• Unlike most Romance fantasy books where Romance overshadows the main plot, that is not the case here. The plot in the story line just goes perfectly with the amount of romance. 

• the male lead is hot of course, he knows the importance of freedom and family. He can fight, yas! And he knows how to respect someone who deserves it. 


• vampires and werewolves are involved but it is not your typical positive vampire portraying story. IT DEFINITELY ISN'T. 


• lies and truths. New bonds are forming and the old ones are breaking. Poppy believed some people her whole life and turns out they were never hers.


• the ending of the book was so much tensed. I am not saying you should prepare yourself, BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING.

Now moving onto the second book of the series.

Book Two : A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (released 1 September 2020)

Plot : 


Now what you should look forward to in a nutshell part 2 :

A Betrayal that left me mouth-wide-open-shocked. Like omg you'll never expect that. But with that being said I can assure you that you're in for lots of plot twists and unpredictable turns. Be prepared you're gonna enjoy it.


• Poppy becoming more Badass-er. She is a badass, but here, IN THIS BOOK, she just told everyone that she is not an easy opponent. QUEEN BEHAVIOUR. Yes!


• A Fallen Kingdom trying to take back whatever was taken from it forcefully. Using all the resources, taking all the chances. Lots of plans, strategies and a team. 

WARNING : THE AMOUNT OF ANGST IN THIS BOOK IS HARMFUL FOR YOUR HEALTH! 


• The Action Scenes : I have never looked forward to action scenes before. But this book changed my perspective. I mean who would not love seeing Poppy kill some Enemies and creatures who are trying to harm humanity.


• The humour and friendships, the humour in this book is no joke. There were instances after which I was rolling on the floor laughing. And the friendships, finding people who you never expected to find and becoming an inseparable part of their life, just like you became there's. *CHEF'S KISS*

• there are two type of tropes, 
Friends to lovers or
My personal favourite Enemies to lovers, but Jennifer being the queen she is, this series goes from strangers-to-friends-to-Enemies-to-lovers. 


• now like I said before, you don't really need to prepare yourself for the ending. BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. 

Moving on the the third book. 

Book Three : The Crown of Gilded Bones (released 20 April 2021)


Plot : 

Now what you should look forward to in a nutshell part 3 : 

• I finished this third part recently and I have no words to describe how good it was. FIRST IS ATLANTIA! that place is gorgeous you should definitely look forward to it, and also to the people living there.


• the plot and the amount of content we have in the story is is a thing we rarely see in books these days. It was perfect, there was so much to digest and to love. 

• POPPY. Yeah that's it. That's one of the things you should look forward to in the story. The Poppy you knew in book one is definitely not the same in book three. you can trust me here. 


• GODS ARE INVOLVED. Ok tell me, how often you read about books where gods live within mortals? Rarely. But since the series is a rarity itself, you can expect that. 


• The romance, oh my god. It's so cute (not really) one of them always speaks about stabbing(that's Poppy if you're not sure) and the other loves it. That's my kinda cute. But we stan supportive male lead's don't we?


• Squad Goals, yes. So, a group of misfits trying to save the continent with their powers. Fighting dangerous creatures and never leaving a chance to curse each other out. LMAO


• Aaannndddd, The title is *crown*, so you should get a idea about what is going to happen. That is not a spoiler okay?!


• DID I JUST WITNESS POPPY CURSING? YES I did. So from the plot of book one you know that Poppy is a maiden. And here we are. THATS THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT


• Also how can I forget. YOU-ARE-NOT-READY-FOR-THE-ENDING-PT-3.

Some of my favourite quotes from the series :

BOOK THREE : 
• “You will die,” I promised, smiling at the red blush of anger staining his cheeks. “It will be by my hand, and it will be a death befitting a coward like you.”

• I will not replace the veil you loathed with a crown you hate. And if you decide you want to take what is yours, claim the throne, I will set this entire kingdom on fire and watch it burn if that ensures that the crown sits on your head.”

• “I could spend an eternity on my knees before you.

• They don’t want me to take the Crown,” I said. “They failed. So will anyone else who thinks they can stop me.”

• that beautiful light could give life. It could also take it.

BOOK TWO : 
Modesty be damned

• “Both halves, and you should never question why anyone would find you utterly, irrevocably, and distractingly beautiful.”

• “Your heart was always safe with me. It always will be. There is nothing I will protect more fiercely or with more devotion, Poppy. Trust in that—in what you feel from me. In me.”

• There was no hiding the scars in this kind of dress, but I…I was done hiding them anyway.

BOOK ONE : 
What I thought was that talking to Kieran was an exercise in patience and energy, two things I was running low on.

• And I…I was Penellaphe of Castle Teerman, Kin of the Balfours, and the Queen’s favorite.

• He had a sixth sense that only belonged to parents and made itself known when their child was up to no good.

• Fear and bravery are often one and the same. It either makes you a warrior or a coward. The only difference is the person it resides inside.

• When you listen to me, I think the stars will fall.

• Thank the gods, the smarter, logical part of me won out. "There was nothing worth remembering."

"Now you insult me after throwing a dagger at my face? You've wounded my tender feelings.

• I have a feeling that if there’s something you want badly enough, nothing will stop you.


Phew, that was a long post, if you read that completely I appreciate it. Also I really hope that was pretty convincing and you will start Blood and Ash series soon? Right? and if you ever want to rant about it or talk about it (which I know you would) you can DM me on Instagram anytime. Links to my social are below. 

Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *