One Last Stop by Casey Mcquiston



Hii everyone, I am here with the review of One Last Stop by Casey Mcquiston. I was fortunate enough to get an advanced readers copy of the same, it was also my one of the most anticipated reads of this year. You can find the whole list here

Moving on, let's get into the review shall we?

Book Name : One Last Stop
Author : Casey Mcquiston
Genre : LGBTQ+ Fiction, Romance, Contemporary Romance
Release Date : 1st June 2021 
Plot : 
For cynical twenty-three-year-old August, moving to New York City is supposed to prove her right: that things like magic and cinematic love stories don’t exist, and the only smart way to go through life is alone. She can’t imagine how waiting tables at a 24-hour pancake diner and moving in with too many weird roommates could possibly change that. And there’s certainly no chance of her subway commute being anything more than a daily trudge through boredom and electrical failures.

But then, there’s this gorgeous girl on the train.

Jane. Dazzling, charming, mysterious, impossible Jane. Jane with her rough edges and swoopy hair and soft smile, showing up in a leather jacket to save August’s day when she needed it most. August’s subway crush becomes the best part of her day, but pretty soon, she discovers there’s one big problem: Jane doesn’t just look like an old school punk rocker. She’s literally displaced in time from the 1970s, and August is going to have to use everything she tried to leave in her own past to help her. Maybe it’s time to start believing in some things, after all.
 
Review : 

*Breathes in* I'VE A LOT TO SAY BE PREPARED! 

What you're in for : 

1. 70s Styled Jane Su : 

Jane Su, is always styled in her 70s fit, black leather jacket, ripped jeans & red sneakers. I'm so in love with her style as much as I'm in love with her. She's sarcastic, witty, humorous and got this dangerous dimple which comes up whenever she smiles. (bi panic)


2. 23 year old, August Landry : 

23 y/o August Landry, a investigator in making and server at Billy's pancakes. Intelligent, nerdy and strong willed. Girl is such a queen & fighter.

3. Love at first sight, in an overcrowded subway : 

You know that moment when you step on a subway with no intention except to reach your destination, YET you see this one stranger who grabs your attention, despite all the caution the moment your eyes meet, there's a spark and you know YOU'RE DOOMED. Yeah that's what exactly happened with August, but wait- who won't fall in love with Jane I mean it's JANE SU. 

4. Bunch of Rag Tag Misfits who eventually become family : 

When you thought you were all alone in this world, and you deserve to be, but no, you meet this crackhead misfit gang and ended up sticking forever. August thought the same, but guess what? She met a family. 

I loveee found families and in this book, each one of them found others just like it was fate. Helped each other through their insecurities, hardships and formed a family, literally. It was so amazing to read tbh, had me crying. Wes, Niko, Myla, y'all have my heart <3

5. Time Skips & Sci-fi Elements : 

I was surprised when I found the SciFi elements in the book. After Red, White and Royal Blue I never expected this to be very honest. Basically, there's a catch in the story, Jane is stuck in subway from the last 45 years (it's not a spoiler it's in the plot as well don't worry) and she can't get out because she somehow became connected to the electricity itself. But they both in love, either they get Jane out or they lose her forever and sheesh, that was amazing, the electric sparks & currents flowing the story like electrons I mean my nerdy gay brain is satisfied. 

6. 70s Era beautifully entertwined With 21st century : 

Now since our beautiful girls transcended boundaries of time literally, its not a surprise that both the era entertwine beautifully just late Jane and August do. Jane figuring out how modern technology words & August getting absorbed in 70s rock music. Absolutely Stunning and I'm here for It. 

My Favourite Quotes : 

• "August Landry does not trust people, but she trusts fried chicken."

• "If they’re gonna kill you, get their DNA under your fingernails.”

• “Every woman a universe.”

• "Jane is lightning on long legs—the dark never stood a chance."

• "she can’t believe Jane had the nerve, the audacity, to become the one thing August can’t resist: a mystery."

• "Because you got what you need. And sometimes, the universe has your back.”

• "Jane is spun sugar. A switchblade girl with a cotton-candy heart."

• "ONE LAST STOP"

That's it, thank you for reading. Grab the book asap because it's amazing!!!! Connect me on my socials anyday if you wanna rant. <3



Current Reads

Shreya ◠◡◠'s bookshelf: 2021-favourites

The Love Hypothesis
it was amazing
If you told 18-year-old Shreya that "You're going to love a rom-com and you'd be grinning ear to ear while reading it, and most importantly, you'll fall in love with the male lead instead of the female. " I would've never bel...
Vespertine
really liked it
Sounds like Sabriel meets Kingdom of the Wicked, sign me up "Our flesh may be weak, but our hearts are as iron" RIGHT, WHERE TO START?! This was my first book by Margaret Rogerson, I've heard alot about Sorcery of Thorns & Enchantm...
Tokyo Ever After
really liked it
Read full review on my blog FIRST Y'all guys I was not ready tbh. I laughed and I cried, I was happy and I felt enraged. Emiko did such a stunning job in layering it all together in just 400 pages. The story is about Izumi, who finds ou...

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Have A Message? Drop Here

Name

Email *

Message *